Civil War Tour Package (3 Days)
Civil War Tour – Orange and Culpeper Counties
2011 marks the 150th Anniversary of the beginning of our Civil War. The Inns at Montpelier offer you an opportunity to gain insights into those turbulent times by combining a 3 day, 3 night, very unique Civil War experience, with luxurious accommodations, superior dining and the personal attention and pampering that only an exceptional Inns at Montpelier B&B can provide.
Your experience begins on Sunday evening at a member B&B that has specific Civil War relevance. Some occupy parts of battlefields and campgrounds, others served as Union or Confederate HQs another has a doorstep where a Confederate soldier died. You will be able to listen to these and other Civil War stories as you enjoy some cheese, fruit, crackers and perhaps some fine Virginia Wine on your arrival and then partake in a delightful casual dinner for two.
On Monday you will take a private Civil War Walking Tour of Historic Culpeper, VA with Virginia Morton, local historian and acclaimed author of the Civil War Novel, “Walking through Culpeper.” Then enjoy some of the exceptional shops, antique stores and restaurants in and around Culpeper and/or visit one or more of the Virginia Wineries in the area for free tastings. Then return to your B&B for another evening wine reception and dine at one of the many exceptional restaurants in the area.
On Tuesday, after a full breakfast, you and a fully stocked Picnic Basket are off on a guided day long Civil War tour with a private professional guide to visit sites like:
- St. Thomas' Episcopal Church in Orange
- The Downtown Orange Cavalry Engagement
- McGowan Winter Camp Site at Montpelier
- The Wilderness Battlefield
- Ellwood Manor
- Brandy Station
- Cedar Mountain Battlefield
- Mine Run Battlefield
After a final evening wine and cheese reception enjoy a fine dining at the famed Inn at Meander Plantation where you will be treated to a “Civil War Period Dinner.”
On Wednesday, after a bounteous breakfast, you will receive a Self-Guided Driving Tour Packet with information about other nearby Civil War sites including the Exchange Hotel Civil War Museum in Gordonsville, VA and other nearby Civil War sites. Additional Tours are also available – just ask your Innkeeper.
- Three nights in a beautiful guestroom
- Evening Receptions
- Full breakfasts each morning
- Casual Dinner for two Sunday evening
- Culpeper Civil War Historical Walking Tour with Virginia Morton on Monday
- Guided Tour of Civil War Battlefields and Sites with Tour Guide Ltd. on Tuesday
- Lunch Picnic Basket for 2 on Tuesday
- Civil War Period Dinner at the Inn at Meander Plantation on Tuesday Evening
- Self-Guided Driving Tour Packet with information about other nearby Civil War sites, including Spotsylvania, Fredericksburg and The Exchange Hotel Civil War Museum in Gordonsville
- Signed copies of Historian and Author Frank Walker’s “Remembering Orange County” and Virginia Morton’s acclaimed novel “Walking Through Culpeper”
- All applicable Taxes.
- Historical write-up about each Member B&B.
This Package is available only on the following dates:
- 10, 11, 12 April, 2011
- 8, 9, 10 May, 2011
- 5, 6, 7 June, 2011
- 24, 25, 26 July, 2011
- 28, 29, 30 August, 2011
- 25, 26, 27 September, 2011
- 4, 5, 6 December, 2011
Minimum 15 day advanced booking required. Room selection subject to availability.
Price is all inclusive and includes all taxes. Price does NOT include gratuities.
$1102.75 – per couple. 50% Deposit Required
• Historical write-up about Old Mill House (View Here)
Fall & Winter Sportsman’s Package
October to January
$150 per person per day which includes:
- One nights lodging
- Hearty country-style breakfast
- Brown bag lunch
- Local, experienced hunting guide
Rapidan Wildlife Management Reserve (4.5 miles)
Seven minutes to hunting area
Archery, black powder & rifle. Deer, bear and other wildlife.
Virginia regulations apply
Climbing stand and state-of-the-art stainless steel processing plant
Personal Outdoor Scout and Guide
Hunting and fishing in the area surrounding the Shenandoah National Park is as good as it gets. Local expert outdoorsman, Walt Wharton, is willing to share with you all the knowledge he has garnered over the years doing what he loves most--being in the streams and woods.
If you are interested in a personal guided fishing trip, we can arrange for him to be your personal scout and guide for $25 an hour. Please ask the innkeeper about this activity when you call.